NLM Classification Updated, May 1, 2014
The online National Library of Medicine Classification, available at //www.nlm.nih.gov/class/, has been issued in a newly revised edition as of May 1, 2014.
Summary Statistics for the 2014 NLM Classification
- 13 class numbers added
- 402 class number captions or notes modified; indentation levels changed; schedule headers revised
- 7 class numbers canceled
- Table G numbers (Geographic notation):
- 4 numbers added : DB9—British Virgin Islands; DC25— Caribbean Netherlands; DC95— Curaçao; DS5— Sint Maarten
- 3 cross references added: Saba see Caribbean Netherlands;
- St. Eustatius see Caribbean Netherlands; Virgin Islands of the United States see United States Virgin Islands
- 1 caption modified: DV5--Virgin Islands of the United States was changed to United States Virgin Islands
- 2 numbers relocated: DN4--Netherlands Antilles was moved to the Historical Geographic Locations section; JI5—Indochina was moved to the Obsolete Table G Notations section
- 105 index main headings added (42 from 2014 MeSH)
- 393 index entries modified
- 39 index headings deleted
Contact NLM for further information, questions, or comments.