WISER for Windows 4.5 is Now Available
The National Library of Medicine's WISER for Windows 4.5 is now available. This new version of WISER fully integrates Chemical Hazards Emergency Medical Management (CHEMM) content and updates the Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG) content to 2012.
Here's a closer look at what's new in this release:
- Full integration of CHEMM content, which includes:
- New hospital provider and preparedness planner profiles, along with a customized home screen for all WISER profiles;
- Acute care guidelines for six known mass casualty agents/agent classes;
- The addition of a wealth of CHEMM reference material; and
- CHEMM Intelligent Syndromes Tool (CHEMM-IST), a new help identify tool designed to diagnose the type of chemical exposure after a mass casualty incident.
- ERG content is now updated to the 2012 release. This includes the full ERG 2012 tool.
WISER for Windows 4.5 can be downloaded directly from the WISER Web site.
Look for these exciting additions in the coming months:
- WebWISER 4.5, which includes CHEMM integration, ERG 2012 updates, and more.
- WISER for Android 3.1, which adds Help Identify Chemical and protective distance mapping to this popular platform.
The National Library of Medicine is the world's largest library of the health sciences and a component of the National Institutes of Health. NLM collects, organizes, and makes available biomedical science information to scientists, health professionals, and the public.