NLM Official Reports
The NLM Congressional Justification provides the Senate and House Appropriations Committees detailed estimates and justifications for research and research support activities (infrastructure, administrative, etc.) that NLM would anticipate funding at the President's Budget Request level.
- 2022 Congressional Justification (HTML)
- 2022 Congressional Justification (PDF)
- View previous NLM Congressional Justifications
The NLM Strategic Plan positions the Library to carry out its congressionally mandated mission and support the important work of NIH by creating a future in which data and information transform and accelerate biomedical discovery, improving health and health care.
- A Platform for Biomedical Discovery and Data-Powered Health: National Library of Medicine Strategic Plan 2017–2027
- View previous NLM Strategic Plans
Annual Reports for NLM Program and Services
- The annual reports are in PDF format.
- Forecasting Costs for Preserving, Archiving, and Promoting Access to Biomedical Data (2020)
- Report of the Blue Ribbon Panel Review: Intramural Research Program (PDF) (2018)
- National Library of Medicine Working Group Final Report to the Advisory Committee to the Director (PDF) (2015)
- Requirements for an NLM Digital Repository: Report and Recommendations (PDF) (2007) and Recommendations on NLM Digital Repository Software (PDF) (2008)
- Computational Technology for Effective Health Care: Immediate Steps and Strategic Directions (2009)
Last Reviewed: November 23, 2021