MEDLINE/PubMed Search and Smallpox Information Resources
This query is not updated.
Watch the video on How to Save PubMed Searches to learn how to save and maintain your own topic-specific PubMed searches.
If you have questions, please contact NLM Customer Support at https://support.nlm.nih.gov/
The MEDLINE®/PubMed® Smallpox search retrieves over 30,000 references on smallpox and related diseases from MEDLINE/PubMed from 1780s to the present. See details of the search strategy below.
The Reference and Web Services Section of the National Library of Medicine created and maintains this smallpox search strategy.
"pox virus" OR
"pox viruses" OR
"pox vaccine" OR
"pox vaccines" OR
"pox vaccinia" OR
"camel pox" OR
cow pox OR
monkey pox OR
poxviridae infections[mh:noexp] OR
para vaccinia virus OR
variola virus OR
small pox OR
variola virus OR
smallpox virus OR
"malignant smallpox" OR
"hemorrhagic smallpox" OR
smallpox vaccine OR
vaccinia virus NOT
("plum pox" OR "prunus")
Smallpox Information Resources
- MedlinePlus® Smallpox health topic from the National Library of Medicine's Web site for consumer health information
- Smallpox: The Threat NLM History of Medicine Exhibit
- Smallpox and Vaccinia Chapter 6 of Plotkin SA, Orenstein WA, editors. Vaccines, 3rd ed. Philadelphia: Saunders; 1999. Contents. On the NLM's National Center for Biotechnology Information Bookshelf
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) - Smallpox Web page
- National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) - Smallpox Web page
- FDA: U.S. Food and Drug Administration - Vaccines, Blood & Biologics: Smallpox Vaccine
Last Reviewed: May 23, 2019