List of Serials Indexed for Online Users
Terms and Conditions
The List of Serials Indexed for Online Users is updated annually. The new version is generally available by February of the edition year in XML format.
The data are available to all requesters, both within and outside the United States. There is no charge for obtaining the data.
Downloading serials data through this site indicates your acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
- If the use is not personal, (a) the U.S. National Library of Medicine must be identified as the creator, maintainer, and provider of the data; (b) the version of the data must be clearly stated by publication and year, e.g., 2017 List of Serials Indexed for Online Users and (c) if any modification is made to the data, this must be stated, along with a description of the modification.
- Neither the United States Government, nor any of its agencies, contractors, subcontractors or employees makes any warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to the data, and, furthermore, assumes no legal liability for any party's use, or the results of such use, of any part of the data.
- You will not assert any proprietary rights to any portion of the data, or represent the data or any part thereof to anyone as other than data of the United States Government.
- This is a work of the U.S. Government and is not subject to copyright protection in the United States. Foreign copyrights may apply.
These terms and conditions are in effect as long as the user retains any of the serials data obtained from this site.
List of Serials Indexed for Online Users, 2017
- XML format - 42 MB (Produced December 2016)
Instructions for FTP of List of Serials Indexed for Online Users file:
FTP to NLM's anonymous ftp server: ftp://ftp.nlm.nih.gov/online/journals/
(login as an anonymous user; use your e-mail address as password).
Choose the "online" directory.
Choose the "journals" directory.
The file name is "lsi2017.xml".
Copy or save the file to your desktop or local drive.
Open with your XML viewer of choice.
- DTD NLM Serials DTD (Document Type Definition) for use with the XML data