Filters add search terms to narrow your results.
- Filter options appear to the left of your results.
- Click on a filter to apply it to your search. Active filters appear above your search results.
- Filters "stick" and are applied to future searches until you turn them off.
- Only the most popular filters display by default. Click Show additional filters to view more options.
- Selecting multiple filters from one category will add the filters with "OR," expanding your results.
Note: Only filters which are valid for your search results will appear. For example, if no Clinical Trials are in your results, the filter for Clinical Trials will not appear.
The video illustrates the directions that are on this page.
This video can be seen directly at http://www.nlm.nih.gov/bsd/disted/pubmedtutorial/videos/020_210.mp4