The Send to: menu can be used to send or copy PubMed records to the following locations:
- File – Use to save citations as a file on your computer. You can send individual, selected, or all citations to a file in any of the PubMed formats such as Abstract, Summary or MEDLINE formats.
- Collections – Use Collections to build collections of records, to save indefinitely. See Collections for more details.
- Order – Use to order a copy of the article. This will be addressed under Getting the Articles, a later section of the tutorial.
- Citation Manager – Use to export your search results to a citation management program such as EndNote, Reference Manager or ProCite. The export will be in MEDLINE (tagged) format.
- Clipboard – Use the Clipboard to store records for today – to do something with before you sign out or close PubMed.
- E-mail – Use to send results to an email address.
- My Bibliography – Use My Bibliography if you are an NIH-funded researcher and are responsible for public access reporting. Or, use if you’d like to have a separate place to build a bibliography that contains citations from outside of PubMed. See My Bibliography for more details.