Send to Clipboard
The Clipboard lets you temporarily collect selected citations for later action. The Clipboard is different from Collections because the contents of the Clipboard will be deleted after 8 hours of inactivity. If you want to save Clipboard items indefinitely, use Send to Collections.
Click the Steps to run the demonstration.
To add citations to the Clipboard:
- : Click on the check box to the left of the citation.
- : Select Clipboard from the Send To menu.
- : Click Add to Clipboard.
The video illustrates the directions that are on this page.
This video can be seen directly at //www.nlm.nih.gov/bsd/disted/pubmedtutorial/videos/pm_tutorial_030_220.mp4
Remove citations from the Clipboard as follows:
- Open the Clipboard, click Remove from clipboard next to the item, or select the item(s), and click Remove selected items
- To empty the Clipboard, select Remove all items
- Once a citation been added to the Clipboard:
- A note appears below it in your search results:
- A link to the Clipboard appears in the right column.
- A link to the Clipboard appears on the PubMed home page.
- The Clipboard can collect up to 500 citations.
- If you Send to Clipboard without making selections, PubMed will add the entire retrieval (up to 500 citations) to the clipboard.
- The Clipboard will be lost after 8 hours of inactivity.
Note: Citations on the Clipboard may be incorporated into a search statement using #0. For example, limit the items on the Clipboard to English language citations using the following search:
#0 AND english [la]
Last Reviewed: August 28, 2018