Getting the Articles
PubMed does not include copies of journal articles. However, PubMed does offer links to the full text of journal articles when links are available. Access to some articles will be free. Access to others will require payment.
Access full text articles through:
- PubMed Central® is NLM free digital archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature.
- Publishers who offer either free or pay-per-view access to articles on their Websites.
- Institutional libraries with which you are affiliated.
- Other medical and public libraries.
- NLM Loansome Doc® or other document delivery service.
Links to full text resources from PubMed are available through a service called LinkOut.
Click Next Section to learn more about these options.
Last Reviewed: July 27, 2018