NCBI Site Preferences
- Your My NCBI account password, email address, and linked accounts are managed on the Account Settings page.
- Your preferences for PubMed settings are managed on the My NCBI Preferences page.
- Choose to highlight PubMed search words in retrieval when you are signed into My NCBI.
- Turn off or on the auto suggest feature, which suggests terms as you type into the search box.
- Show the Abstract Supplemental Data (Publication Types, MeSH terms, substances, grant information) by default.
- Select a document delivery provider (see your librarian).
- Select an Outside Tool to view your full text access options (see your librarian).
- Show the author information.
- Change your default result display settings.
These preferences are in effect whenever you are signed in to My NCBI.
The video illustrates the directions that are on this page.
This video can be seen directly at http://www.nlm.nih.gov/bsd/disted/pubmedtutorial/videos/070_050.mp4
Last Reviewed: July 30, 2018