Deputy Director/Deputy CIO
The NLM Office of Computer and Communications Systems (OCCS) is recruiting a Deputy Director/Deputy CIO listed below.
The OCCS Deputy Director/Deputy CIO candidate will be expected to:
- Serve as the Deputy Director of the Office of Computer and Communications Systems (OCCS) and as the Deputy Chief Information Officer (CIO), NLM.
- Advise the NLM CIO on matters related to information technology policy, compliance and implementation.
- Assess, implement and manage information technology programs with NLM-wide impact based on legislative mandates, federal government directives, policies and guidance.
- Establish and lead the NLM information technology investment review program and formulate the NLM information technology systems budget.
- Develop short and long-range plans which identify NLM-wide IT goals and objectives, outline the budget, anticipate future needs, and consider new systems, methodologies, and best practices.
- Represent the NLM CIO in official capacity when dealing with external federal entities such as NIH, HHS, GAO and the HHS OIG regarding cross-agency information technology activities.
- Set architectures and standards for the development of computer systems at the NLM based on federal policies and guidelines, and establish appropriate training to assure adherence to such standards.
- Participate in supervising and directing the activities of OCCS staff and contractors.
- Manage NLM-wide projects involving information technology through staff in OCCS/OD.
- Advise on IT with emphasis on biomedical support systems, information security, networking (including high performance networks), and telecommunications (including NLM infrastructure, NIH architecture, Internet, and emerging technologies).
- Represent OCCS on specific NLM-wide activities and projects, participate on a number of NIH working groups and meetings, and serve as a representative for OCCS and/or NLM.
HOW TO APPLY:
Open and closing dates: 06/18/2022 to 06/27/2022
Announcement Number: NIH-NLM-DE-22-11281081 and NIH-NLM-MP-22-11281087
Please contact Douglas Bruno, Human Resources Specialist: email@example.com for more information.
Last Reviewed: June 17, 2022