Veterinary Science Search and Veterinary Information Resources
Veterinary Science Search
The MEDLINE®/PubMed® Veterinary Science search retrieves citations to journal literature, combining subject search terms, title words, and veterinary and animal health journal titles. See the search strategy.
Additional MEDLINE/PubMed assistance:
PubMed MEDLINE Searching: Veterinary Medicine brochure
Public Relations Committee, Veterinary Medical Libraries Section, Medical Library Association (MLA)
PubMed Basics tri-fold handout, U.S. National Network of Libraries of Medicine® (NN/LM®)
PubMed Tutorials, U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM®)
Veterinary Information Resources
Other Free-Access Databases
- AGRICOLA is the National Agricultural Library's (NAL) database of agriculture and allied disciplines. Contains 2 databases: 1) journal article citations and 2) holdings records in agriculture and allied disciplines records for the NAL and libraries around the world.
- CONSULTANT is an online diagnostic support system for veterinary medicine from the Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine.
- DailyMed®, pprovided jointly by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the NLM, includes human and animal drug labels.
- FDA Approved Animal Drug Products is also known as the Green Book.
- NCBI Databases Search Page, National Center for Biotechnology Information, NLM. Search all NCBI databases at one time.
- Index Catalogue of Medical and Veterinary Zoology (ICMVZ) is funded by the NLM, the Oklahoma State University Libraries, and Texas A &M University Libraries. ICMVZ is the digitized NLM Index-Catalogue, made freely available online and electronically searchable.
- International Veterinary Information Service (IVIS) requires free registration to use.
- Search the NLM collection using LocatorPlus® or the NLM Catalog.
- Merck Veterinary Manual
- PrimateLit, 1940 – 2010 (database ceased updating November 30, 2010)
- TOXNET®, NLM. Toxicology, hazardous chemicals, environmental health, and toxic releases databases
- VerSRev – Database of veterinary systematic reviews, University of Nottingham, UK
- Veterinary Medical and Related Libraries - An International Directory, Veterinary Medical Libraries Section, MLA
Animal Health Organizations
- American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA)
- American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS)
- American Board of Veterinary Toxicology (ABVT)
- American College of Veterinary Clinical Pharmacology (ACVCP)
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons (ACVS)
- American Society of Laboratory Animal Practitioners (ASLAP)
- American Society of Veterinary Ophthalmology (ASVO)
- American Veterinary Medical Association & American Veterinary Medical Foundation
Find listings of:
- Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (USDA)
- Animal Welfare Institute (AWI)
- Animal Poison Control Center (ASPCA)
- Association for Veterinary Informatics
- Association of Zoos and Aquariums
- Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges (AAVMC)
- Center for Veterinary Medicine, U.S. FDA
- International Council for Laboratory Animal Science (ICLAS)
- United States Animal Health Association
- Wildlife Disease Association