Veterinary Science Search and Veterinary Information Resources
This page which provides background for the Veterinary Science Search and Veterinary Information Resources query is not updated.
Watch the video on How to Save PubMed Searches to learn how to save and maintain your own topic-specific PubMed searches.
If you have questions, please contact NLM Customer Support at https://support.nlm.nih.gov/
Veterinary Science Search
The MEDLINE®/PubMed® Veterinary Science search retrieves citations to journal literature, combining subject search terms, title words, and veterinary and animal health journal titles. See the search strategy.
Additional MEDLINE/PubMed assistance:
PubMed MEDLINE Searching: Veterinary Medicine brochure
Public Relations Committee, Veterinary Medical Libraries Section, Medical Library Association (MLA)
PubMed Tutorials, U.S. National Library of Medicine (NLM®)
Veterinary Information Resources
Other Free-Access Databases
- AGRICOLA is the National Agricultural Library's (NAL) database of agriculture and allied disciplines. Contains 2 databases: 1) journal article citations and 2) holdings records in agriculture and allied disciplines records for the NAL and libraries around the world.
- ALTBIB: PubMed citations on Animal alternatives for biomedical research and training maintained by National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS)
- CONSULTANT is an online diagnostic support system for veterinary medicine from the Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine.
- DailyMed®, provided jointly by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the NLM, includes human and animal drug labels.
- FDA Approved Animal Drug Products is also known as the Green Book.
- NCBI Databases Search Page, National Center for Biotechnology Information, NLM. Search all NCBI databases at one time.
- Index Catalogue of Medical and Veterinary Zoology (ICMVZ) is funded by the NLM, the Oklahoma State University Libraries, and Texas A &M University Libraries. ICMVZ is the digitized NLM Index-Catalogue, made freely available online and electronically searchable.
- International Veterinary Information Service (IVIS) requires free registration to use.
- Search the NLM collection using LocatorPlus or the NLM Catalog.
- Merck Veterinary Manual
- PrimateLit, 1940 – 2010 (database ceased updating November 30, 2010)
- TOXNET®, integrated information, NLM. Toxicology, hazardous chemicals, environmental health, and toxic releases databases
- Veterinary Medical and Related Libraries - An International Directory, Veterinary Medical Libraries Section, MLA
Animal Health Organizations
- American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA)
- American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS)
- American Board of Veterinary Toxicology (ABVT)
- American College of Veterinary Clinical Pharmacology (ACVCP)
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons (ACVS)
- American Society of Laboratory Animal Practitioners (ASLAP)
- American Society of Veterinary Ophthalmology (ASVO)
- American Veterinary Medical Association & American Veterinary Medical Foundation
- Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS USDA)
- Animal Welfare Institute (AWI)
- Animal Poison Control Center (ASPCA)
- Association for Veterinary Informatics
- Association of Zoos and Aquariums
- Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges (AAVMC)
- Center for Veterinary Medicine, U.S. FDA
- International Council for Laboratory Animal Science (ICLAS)
- United States Animal Health Association
- Wildlife Disease Association
MedlinePlus® Consumer Health
Last Reviewed: February 23, 2021