VSAC Author Registration
What is a VSAC author, steward or group?
See the VSAC author, steward, and group roles and permissions page for details about these roles.
Are you a brand new VSAC author or steward and need to create new groups?
Go to the NLM Customer Support form, click the "Write to the help desk" button, and type the following text for these fields:
- Subject: VSAC Authoring Permissions
- Description (required): Copy and paste the following questions into the description field of the e-mail form, and provide your answers in the same field.
- Your UMLS user name:
- Your e-mail address:
- Your organization:
- VSAC authors create and edit value sets. Do you require value set authoring permissions? - Yes/No
- VSAC stewards approve value sets for publication. Do you require steward permissions? - Yes/No
- For what program or activity are you developing value sets? Include the URL for your program or activity. Note that the program or activity name will be reflected in your author/steward group names.
- Provide a contact person's name, email, and phone # for the program or activity noted in #6:
- Will this program or activity contact person be acting as a Steward, providing direct VSAC oversight to your authoring work in the VSAC?
- If you answered YES to #8, please ensure the contact person (Steward) also requests VSAC Authoring access. When your Steward applies for VSAC Authoring permissions, they should list you as working with them as an Author, a Steward, or both, depending on your working arrangement.
Do you need to join an existing group?
Current group members can add you to the group. See the Group Management page for instructions.