This page is no longer being updated as of February 28, 2023.
As of February 28th, 2023, NLM has discontinued the Wireless Information System for Emergency Responders (WISER). Users who have downloaded and installed the WISER app on a mobile device or downloaded the WISER system to a desktop computer will still have access, although the data will no longer be updated.Similar functionality and information are available from other publicly available resources, including:
- Chemical Companion (https://www.chemicalcompanion.org/), also known as Emergency Response Decision Support System (ERDSS), which is available as both a tablet app and downloadable software
- Administration for Strategic Preparedness and Response’s (ASPR) Chemical Hazards Emergency Medical Management (CHEMM - https://chemm.hhs.gov/), available as downloadable software
- ASPR’s Radiation Emergency Medical Management (REMM - https://remm.hhs.gov/), available as a mobile application
- Department of Transportation’s (DOT) Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration Emergency Response Guidebook (https://www.phmsa.dot.gov/training/hazmat/erg/emergency-response-guidebook-erg), available as a downloadable document and a mobile application
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s CAMEO Chemicals (https://response.restoration.noaa.gov/cameochemicals), available as a mobile application and downloadable software
Last Reviewed: February 28, 2023