Medical Subject Headings
Introduction to MeSH - 2016
The following is an introduction to the Medical Subject Headings (MeSH) thesaurus, including its use and structure, as well as recent updates and availability of data. For simplest access to MeSH we suggest the MeSH Browser, an interactive Web application for searching and browsing MeSH data.
2. Structure of MeSH
- Record Types
- Entry Vocabulary
- Tree Structures
- Concept Structure in MeSH.
- Data Elements in MeSH records
3. Use of MeSH
- Use of MeSH in Online Retrieval
- Use of MeSH by Indexers
- Use Of Medical Subject Headings For Cataloging
4. MeSH Vocabulary Changes for 2016*
- About MeSH Changes
- Lists of Data Changes
5. Availability of MeSH Data
- About The MeSH Browser
- The MeSH Browser
- Downloading MeSH Data
- Accessing MeSH Data in RDF format
- Printed MeSH
- Bibliography used in MeSH maintenance.
*Note that mid-year updates are not included in the lists of changes