This document is prepared for those who wish to use the XML data from the HSRProj, a database providing access to ongoing grants and contracts in health services research.
The file below represents the entire database, through the date noted on the file. The database is updated at least quarterly; the newest file will reflect the full database up to that date. Older files will be retained as a snapshot of the database, and may be downloaded by those who wish to look at the database up to a certain period of time. It is also possible to limit the database to a particular period of time by using the<DateCreated> field in the DTD. For more information on the fields contained in the database, refer to the Alphabetical List of the Elements and their Attributes.
The data are available to all both within and outside the United States. There is no charge for obtaining the files. Downloading the data through this site indicates your acceptance of the terms and conditions listed below.
- XML Format
- FTP Instructions
- FTP to NLM's anonymous ftp server: ftp://ftp.nlm.nih.gov/nlmdata/HSRProject
- Right click on File Name: HSRProjCompleteDownload*.xml
- Select "Save Target As", and save in the appropriate directory on your computer
- The zipped file for download is "HSRProj.xml.gz"
- Alphabetical List of the Elements and their Attributes
Terms and Conditions
No license is required to obtain the data via FTP. Use of this data is subject to the following restrictions and by obtaining a copy of the data, the user is understood to abide by these conditions:
- If the use is not personal, (1) the U.S. National Library of Medicine must be identified as the creator, maintainer, and provider of the data; (2) the version of the data must be clearly stated by year and collection, e.g., 2013 HSRProj; and (3) if any modification is made in the content of the file, this must be stated, along with a description of the modifications.
- Neither the United States Government, nor any of its agencies, contractors, subcontractors or employees makes any warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to data contained in the database, and, furthermore, assumes no legal liability for any party's use, or the results of such use, of any part of the database.
- You will not assert any proprietary rights to any portion of the data, or represent the data or any part thereof to anyone as other than data of the United States Government.
- This is a work of the U.S. Government and is not subject to copyright protection in the United States. Foreign copyrights may apply.
- FTP Instructions
Last Reviewed: January 31, 2020