Cataloging and Metadata Management: Using Medical Subject Headings (MeSH®) in Cataloging
Module 6—Publication Types: Review Questions
1. True or False: More than one publication type can be assigned to a record
2. NLM uses the 655 field to record publication types. Upon distribution, the 655 would be recorded as
3. True or False: Atlases is the appropriate publication type for a geographic map.
4. What is the appropriate publication type for an autobiography of a famous surgeon?
5. True or False: For a work titled: Textbook of Cardiology, published in 2005, NLM would assign the PT Textbooks
6. What would be the appropriate publication type for a work discussing the how the mentally ill have been treated in the United States justice system (does not include the text of any laws).