The Nursing Problem List subset data file has the following fields:
- SNOMED_CID – conceptId of the SNOMED CT concept
- SNOMED_FSN – SNOMED CT fully-specified name
- SNOMED_CONCEPT_STATUS – concept status of the SNOMED CT concept
- UMLS_CUI – the corresponding UMLS concept identifier, if concept is not yet in the UMLS this will be NA (not available)
- OCCURRENCE – number of institutions having this concept on their problem list (from 1 to 8), not populated for concepts retired from Subset
- USAGE – the average usage percentage among all institutions (i.e. sum of individual usage percentages divided by 8), not populated for concepts retired from Subset
- FIRST_IN_SUBSET – the version of Subset first containing this concept
- IS_RETIRED_FROM_SUBSET – in future, some concepts will be marked retired if they are retired by IHTSDO or no longer considered to be useful e.g. when there are more appropriate SNOMED CT concepts
- LAST_IN_SUBSET – the version of Subset last containing this concept, only populated for concepts retired from Subset
- REPLACED_BY_SNOMED_CID - SNOMED CT concept to replace concept retired from Subset, only populated for concepts retired from Subset
A sample database load script can be found here.
The file identifies what we hope is a useful subset of SNOMED CT, but does not include all the information likely to be required to make effective use of SNOMED CT in an application, such as synonyms that may include more clinician-friendly terms than the SNOMED CT fully-specified name. The identifiers in the file can be used to extract more complete information for these concepts from either the UMLS release files or the SNOMED CT native format files.