Projects Based on the Visible Human Data Set
- Anatomia Creations 3D models of human anatomy based on medical image data from the National Library of Medicine's Visible Human Male.
- Complete 3D model of the human body (male and female) available on CD and DVD and online, from Primal Pictures Ltd.
- The Visible Human Dissector from Touch of Life Technologies (TOLTECH), Aurora, Colorado.
- Body Voyage: A Three- Dimensional Tour of a Real Human Body - Book by photojournalist Alexander Tsiaras
- VH Dissector provides 3D visualization and cross-sections of human anatomy including over 2000 indentified structures (CD-ROM from Touch of Life Technologies (ToL Tech)).
- Segmented Inner Organs Data of the Visible Human Male from the VOXEL-MAN Working Group, University Medical Center, Hamburg-Eppendorf, Germany.
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)Simulator from the VOXEL-MAN Working Group, University Medical Center, Hamburg-Eppendorf, Germany.
- Homo sapiens dissecatus: CD-ROM set from Gau-Odernheim, Germany. A complete atlas of VHP Male cryosections, MRI, CT and X-ray images. Includes over 200 animations, over 200 labeled axial sections and a vocabulary of terms.
- The dynamic HUMAN the 3D visual guide to anatomy and physiology from Engineering Animaion, Inc., distributed by WCB / McGraw-Hill.
- The Dissectable Human CD-ROM from Engineering Animation, Inc. and MediaTech USA.
- Visible Human Product offerings from Springer Verlag, Electronic Media:
- VOXEL-MAN 3D-Navigator: Brain and Skull - Regional, Functional and Radiological Anatomy. 2 CD-ROMS for Windows in English and German (Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science in Medicine, University of Hamburg).
- Voxel-Man 3D-Navigator: Inner Organs - Regional, Systemic and Radiological Anatomy. DVD-ROM for Windows in English and German (Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science in Medicine, University of Hamburg).
- Voxel-Man 3D-Navigator: Upper Limb - Regional and Radiological Anatomy. DVD-ROM for Windows in English and German (Voxel-Man Group, University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf).
- A.D.A.M. Software Inc health information products for business, education, or home.
- Jones & Bartlett Publishers' Visible Human product offerings:
- Atlas of the Visible Human Male: Reverse Engineering of the Human Body (textbook from the University of Colorado).
- Interactive CD-ROM contains images from both the Visible Human™ Male and Female Datasets. These images, along with clinical case studies, allow students to broaden their understanding of cross-sectional anatomy. (Duke University)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology Coloring Workbook and Study Guide, Second Edition (paperback from Middlesex Community College).
- Cross Sectional Anatomy - fee-based web site for interactively exploring and learning cross-sectional anatomy in pixel-level detail, from DxR Development Group, Inc.
- Body Voyage: A Three-Dimensional Tour of a Real Human Body - CD-ROM and accompanying hardcover book created by photojournalist Alexander Tsiaras.
- WebPath from The University of Utah - a website containing a subset of Visible Human cryosections (male and female) demonstrating sectional anatomy.
- "Cross-Sectional Human Anatomy" - softbound textbook cross references both the Visible Male and the Visible Female to Grant's Atlas and Grant's Dissector.
- "Anatomedia" - self-paced anatomy program on CD-ROM
- The Visible Human on the Fujitsu AP1000 - volume reconstructions of the segmented planes of high resolution photographic images from the Visible Male and rendered on the cells of the Fujitsu AP1000 supercomputer at the Australian National University.
- The Visible Human Radiological Atlas of Sectional Anatomy - a CD-ROM for Windows XP provides comparison of "real anatomy" to CT and MRI images.
- Head 2 Heads - a flipbook from Optical Toys.
Last Reviewed: April 22, 2019