Collection Recovery Methods: Items on Exhibit
Recovery Priority during the first 24-48 hours
Wear thin plastic gloves. Wet items are easily torn, so handle them carefully by the edges and support from underneath. Do not unfold, unroll, or separate thin items if they are resistant or tearing. Do not remove non-library owned materials without approval of the library exhibit registrar.
- Determine the number of items affected.
- Cover exhibit cases to protect from water.
- Secure and restrict access to affected area.
- Contact Exhibit Registrar.
- Dry the materials upon receiving permission. The preferred order for drying is:
- Drain off excess water before packing.
- Use plastic cartons, milk crates or cardboard cartons for packing.
- Pack oversize materials flat. Pack books spine down.
Note: If the item is a borrowed, please contact the lending institution to receive approval to freeze the object.
Follow the specific instructions based on the type of material, found on the left toolbar.
Air Drying Procedures
- Drain excess water from the item before drying. Follow the specific instructions based on the type of material, found on the left toolbar.