Collection Recovery Methods
- Items on Exhibit
- Items with Coated Papers
- Items with Soluble Inks and Colorants
- Books and Bound Materials
- Art on Paper
- Items Housed in Plastic Enclosures
- Photographic Materials
- Audio/Visual Recordings
- Paintings and other Framed or Glazed Art
- Metals, Glass, Ceramic, Wood, Textiles, or Wet Natural History Collections
In the case of a fire-related emergency, notify authorities and evacuate the building immediately.
How to Respond to Water Emergencies
- Report the problem.
- Check the floor plan to note other areas that may be affected.
- Remove standing water and protect collection materials with plastic sheeting and diverters.
- Stabilize the environment (fans to direct air flow, dehumidifiers as needed, open boxes or cabinet doors, circular fans).
- Recover items based on specific instructions, located on the left.
Last Reviewed: August 22, 2018