Office of Engagement and Training
The Office of Engagement and Training (OET), at NIH’s National Library of Medicine (NLM), is the organizational home for U.S. and international outreach, training, and capacity-building activities.
OET's roles include:
- Shaping and promoting the general NLM experience to all audiences
- Functioning as an incubator of novel approaches to engagement
- Raising awareness, promoting/enabling and offering training on the use of NLM offerings, services, and collections
- Providing training to keep stakeholders up to date in areas key to NLM
- Engaging and partnering with specific populations to understand NLM audiences particularly groups experiencing health disparities; and
- Coordinating the National Network of Libraries of Medicine
OET’s activities include exhibiting, evaluation and assessment, U.S. and international outreach programs, networks, communications, and training. OET supports the goals of the NLM 2017-2027 Strategic Plan. Read more in our Director’s blog – NLM Musings from the Mezzanine.
To contact the OET, please call 301-496-4777.
Last Reviewed: September 21, 2019