Associate Fellowship Program: How to Apply
Application Deadline: The application deadline for 2017-2018 is January 27, 2017.
The NLM Associate Fellowship Program is open to U.S. and Canadian library and information science professionals, as well as graduate students completing their degrees. Up to five qualified Associate Fellows may be selected.
- Master's degree in an ALA-accredited library/information science program, earned by August of the year of appointment or within 2 years. (Undergraduate degree can be in any major.)
- United States or Canadian citizenship
Note: Canadians with ALA-accredited Master's degrees should use the same application process as U.S. citizens. U.S. citizens will receive first preference.
- Desirable, but not essential:
- Work experience in a library or health sciences environment.
- Demonstrated interest or experience in leadership.
All applicants must submit an application using an online application system, Zintellect.
1. Register as a new user here: http://www.zintellect.com/Account/LogOn Once you have completed and released your Zintellect profile, you can apply to the Associate Fellowship Program.
2. Apply to the Associate Fellowship Program here: https://www.zintellect.com/Posting/Details/2553
Only complete applications will be considered. If you have questions about the application process, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the Associate Fellowship Program in your email.
Application Process and Timeline:
NLM staff review applications in March, invite 10 to 12 applicants to interview in April and May, and make offers to candidates by mid-May. The NLM Associate Fellowship Program year begins September 1 each year and ends August 31 the following year.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact ORISE:
1299 Bethel Valley Road
Oak Ridge, TN 37830-0117
Phone: (865) 576-9975
Fax: (865) 574-2846
If you have questions about the interview process or the program, please contact the Program Coordinator:
Kathel Dunn, Program Coordinator
NLM Associate Fellowship Program
8600 Rockville Pike
Building 38, Room 2N-05, MSC 3818
Bethesda, MD 20894
Phone: (301) 827-4284
Fax: (301) 480-2370