Cataloging and Metadata Management: Using Medical Subject Headings (MeSH®) in Cataloging
Use of Geographic Headings
- Assign the appropriate geographic MeSH term when the scope of the work being cataloged is limited to a particular geographic area and is significant to the topic of the work
- Geographic terms may be used in conjunction with any topical terms
- Title: "An Economic Analysis of Drug Eluting Coronary Stents: a Québec Perspective"
- 650 12 $a Drug-Eluting Stents $x economics
- 650 12 $a Drug-Eluting Stents $x utilization
- 650 22 $a Coronary Restinosis $x epidemiology
- 650 22 $a Coronary Restinosis $x prevention & control
- 651 _2 Quebec
- Title: "Current Status of Carotid Bifurcation Angioplasty and Atenting"
- 650 12 $a Angioplasty $x trends
- 650 22 $a Endarterectomy, Carotid
- 650 22 $a Stents $x utilization
- Do not use a geographic term, even if all the studies were in U.S. hospitals, since the location is not the topical focus