Cataloging and Metadata Management: Using Medical Subject Headings (MeSH®) in Cataloging
Module 7—Review Questions
Module 7—Publication Characteristics: Review Questions
Using the MeSH Browser identify the appropriate terms to be added to the catalog record for these works.
1. More than one publication type can be assigned to a record..
2. Atlases is the appropriate publication type for a geographic map.
3. What is the appropriate publication type for an autobiography of a famous surgeon?
4. For a work titled Textbook of Cardiology, published in 2005, NLM would assign the PT Textbooks.
5. What would be the appropriate publication type for a work discussing the how the mentally ill have been treated in the United States justice system (does not include the text of any laws).